I got a message from a reader asking about South Korean tourist visa for Filipinos. So here's some information from the Korean Embassy in the Philippines.
To attract more tourists from South East Asian countries, the Ministry of Justice in Korea has simplified the Korean tourist visa requirements and has started issuing double entry visa and extended multiple entry visa category and validity from1 year to 3 years.
Basic requirements are as follows:
- Application form
- Passport sized photo
- Original Passport (6Mons.Valid), Copy of passport first page
Short-term Visas(C-3) for Tourists: Single Entry
-For short term visitors to Korea
- Employment Certificate or Business Registration issued by SEC or DTI.
- Personal Bank Certificate
- Individual ITR or Form 2316 Copy (the previous year).
- In case the applicant cannot submit one of the above mentioned requirements, he/she can submit additional documents such as Land Titles, vehicle registration, Country Club or Golf Membership , and Pension Certificates
- For an applicant who has traveled or has valid visa to any one of the OECD member countries within the last 5years, applicants are only required to submit the requirements number ⑴ & OECD countries visa copy and arrival stamps
- If applicants are students, applicants are required to submit their School Certificate, Birth Certificate and Parents’ Documents (1,2,3).
- In case of incentive tours supported by a company that is listed in the Philippine stock exchange market, applicants can submit only the guarantee letter from the company.
-For Visitors who plan to visit Korea 2 times within 6 months.
-Visa Requirements: Same requirements with Single Entry Visa
-Issuance Details: Status(C-3), Validity (6Mons.), Entry (Double)
Short Term Multiple Entry Visa
- Applicants who have obtained a permanent residency in any OECD member countries (except Korea) or people who visited OECD member countries more than 2times within the last 4years, or people who visited Korea more than 4 times within the last 2years.
- Group Tour Guides who have travelled to Korea more than once for the last 2 years
- Philippine Government Officials ,
- High Rank Officials/employees of International Airline Companies to Korea.
- Applicants who earn more than $10,000 annually or has Platinum international credit card
- Applicants who are invited for contract and consultation by Korean public agencies in connection to resources and energy development
- Applicants who are invited by the Korean Government to attend international forums, international conferences, international conventions.
- Executive or high ranking staff of a company that is listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange market
- Reporters,PD, journalists, news editors etc. people who works in major media company for more than one year
- Professionals : i.e lawyers, doctors, accountants, professors( PRC or IBP card holders)
- Popular Celebrities ; Artist/Athlete/writers who can be searched or viewed in Philippine major media websites
- Retired workers aged 55 years above who are receiving pensions of more than P20,000 monthly
- People who obtained a two year college degree or bachelor’s degree, master’s and doctorate degree from Universities in Korea.
- Spouse, minor aged children and Parent’s in law of a Korean national
- Dependent(Spouse, Children etc) of Multiple visa holders
For the list of OECD member countries, click here!
Applicants who visited OECD member countries
2times within the last 4years
Original & Photocopy of visiting records in the applicants’ passports (visa and arrival stamps)
High rank officials of a Philippine Government office
or government owned companies
Applicants who earn more than $10,000 annually or
Platinum International credit card holders
Official documents proving the financial status of the applicant and original and photocopy of platinum card
Consultants or Contractors for Energy/Resource
Employment certificate, related contracts or guarantee letter from invitors
Applicants who are invited by the Korean government for
international forums, conferences, conventions
Employment Cetificate, Invitation letter
Executive and high rank employees who are working
for more than 1 year in a company that is listed in
the Philippine Stock Exchange market
Business Permit or Employment Certificate, individual ITR
Applicants who are working in a major media company in the
Philippines for more than 1 year
Identification card and Employment certificate(the period of employment should be indicated), ITR
Professionals ie Lawyers, Doctors, Accountant, Professors
Employment Certificate, PRC Id copy or IBP copy
Celebrities of social prominence, artists, athletes, writer etc
A membership card or an ID, Media Records or Records of concerned activity
Pension receivers (over 55 years old)
Any supporting document which proves he/she is a Pension receiver
Applicants who acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Korea or a
Two years college course in Korea
College diploma from Korea
Dependent(Spouse, children , parents, parents in law, etc)
of Multiple Visa Holders
Multiple Visa Copy and proof of relationship documents ; i.e. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate
Parent’s in Law of a Korean Nationals
Korean couples marriage contract and Korean Marriage History
59 days or less- FREE
Single entry- Php 1500
Double Visa- Php 3000
Multiple entry- Php 4000
- Applicants could be asked to submit additional documents as per consul’s evaluation.
- All visa applications are subject for approval.
- Visa Application Time: 0900H-1100H and Passport Release: 1400H-1600H
Add a comment: